Rootzen, J.M., Berndes, G., Ravindranath, N.H., Somashekar, H.I., Murthy, I.K., Sudha, P., & Ostwald M. 2010. “Carbon sequestration versus bioenergy: A case study from South India exploring the relative land-use efficiency of two options for climate change mitigation” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 34, pp. 116-123.
- Adhikari S. & Southworth J. 2012. “Simulating Forest Cover Changes of Bannerghatta National Park Based on a CA-Markov Model: A Remote Sensing Approach” Remote Sensing, vol. 4, pp. 3215-3243.
- Agrawal, A., Chhatre, A. 2006, "Explaining success on the commons: Community forestgovernance in the Indian Himalaya", World Development, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 149-166.
- Ambasht, R.S., Srivastava, A.K., 1994, Nitrogen dynamics of actinorhizal Casuarina forest stands and its comparison with Alnus andLeucaena forests. Current Science, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 160-163.
- Appanah, S. & Turnbull, J.M. (eds.) 1998, "A Review of Dipterocarps: Taxonomy, Ecology and Silviculture," Center for International Forestry Research. Bogor, Indonesia, p220.
- Ashton, M.S., Goodale, U.M, Bawa, K.S., Ashton, P.S. & Neidel, J.D. 2014, "Restoring working forests in human dominated landscapes of tropical South Asia: An introduction", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 329, pp. 335-339.
- Banerjee, S.K., Mishra, T.K., Singh, A.K. & Jain, A. 2004, "Impact of Plantation on Ecosystem Development in Disturbed Coal Mine Overburden Spoils", Journal of Tropical Forest Science, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 294-307.
- Barr, C., Sayer, J. 2012, "The political economy of reforestation and forest restoration in Asia-Pacific: critical issues for REDD+", Biological Conservation.
- Bhagwat, S. A., Nogué, S., & Willis, K. J. (2014). Cultural drivers of reforestation in tropical forest groves of the Western Ghats of India. Forest Ecology and Management, 329, 393-400.
- Bonell M., Purandara B.K., Venkatesh B., Krishnaswamy J., Acharya H.A.K., Singh U.V., Jayakumar R. & Chappell N. 2010. “The impact of forest use and reforestation on soil hydraulic conductivity in the Western Ghats of India: Implications for surface and sub-surface hydrology” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 391, pp. 47–62.
- Boucher, D. et al. (2014). Quelques réussites dans
la réduction de la déforestation: Des pays tropicaux où les politiques de protection de la forêt et de reboisement ont fonctionné. June 2014. Union of Concerned Scientists, p.1-66. Available at: http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/files/legacy/assets/documents/global_warming/UCS-2014-DeforestationSuccessStories-Francais-final.pdf [Accessed September 26, 2016].
- Davidar, P., Nayak, K.G. and Dharmalingam, M., 2007, Effect of adult density on regeneration success of woody plants in natural and restored tropical dry evergreen forest fragments in Puducherry region, India. Current Science, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 805-811.
- Enters, T, Durst, P. (2004). What does it take? The role of incentives in forest plantation development in Asia and the Pacific. RAP Publication 2004/27, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Bangkok.
- Enters, T. & Durst, P. 2004, "What does it take? The role of incentives in forest plantation development in Asia and the Pacific", RAP Publication 2004/27, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Bangkok.
- Giri C., Pengra B., Zhu Z., Singh A., & Tieszen L.L. 2007. “Monitoring mangrove forest dynamics of the Sundarbans in Bangladesh and India using multi-temporal satellite data from 1973 to 2000” Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, vol. 73, pp. 91-100.
- Grainger, A. 2010, "The Bigger Picture: Tropical Forest Change in Context, Concept and Practice" in Reforesting Landscapes, ed. J. Southworth, Springer Netherlands, pp. 15-43.
- Kale M.P., Ravan S.A., Roy P.S., & Singh S. 2009. “Patterns of Carbon Sequestration in Forests of Western Ghats and Study of Applicability of Remote Sensing in Generating Carbon Credits through Afforestation/Reforestation” Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, vol. 37, pp. 457–471.
- Kaosa-ard, Apichart: 1981 Teak (Tectona grandisLinn. f.), its natural distribution and related factors. Nat.Hist.Bull.Siam.Soc. 29: 55-74.
- Karthikeyan A. & Krishnakumar N. 2012. “Reforestation of bauxite mine spoils with Eucalyptus tereticornis Sm. seedlings inoculated with arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi” Annals of Forest Research, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 207-216.
- Khatun K. 2013. “Integrating national forestry initiatives in India with international climate change policy” Climate Policy, vol. 13 no. 3, pp. 384-402.
- Khatun, K., Valdes, P.J., Knorr, W. & Chaturvedi, R.K. 2010. “Assessing the mitigation potential of forestry activities in a changing climate: A case study for Karnataka” Forest Policy and Economics, vol. 12, pp. 277–286.
- Khurana, E. & Singh, J.S. 2001, "Ecology of tree seed and seedlings: Implications for tropical forest conservation and restoration", Current Science, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 748-757.
- Krishnaswamy J., Bonell M., Venkatesh B., Purandara B.K., Lele S., Kiran M.C., Reddy V., Badiger S., & Rakesh K.N. 2012. “The rain–runoff response of tropical humid forest ecosystems to use and reforestation in the Western Ghats of India” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 472–473, pp. 216–237.
- Lele, U, Kumar, N, Husain, S, Zazueta, A, Kelly, L. (2000). The World Bank Forest Strategy: Striking the Right Balance. Washington, DC: World Bank, pp. i-153.
- Mattsson, E., Persson, U.M., Ostwald, M., & Nissanka S.P. 2012. “REDD+ readiness implications for Sri Lanka in terms of reducing deforestation” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 100, pp. 29-40.
- Mehta, N., Dinakaran J.,Patel, S., Laskar A.H., Yadava M.G., Ramesh, R. & Krishnayya N.S.R. 2012. “Changes in litter decomposition and soil organic carbon in a reforested tropical deciduous cover (India)” Ecological Research, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 239–248.
- Mohanraj, R., Saravanan, J., & Dhanakumar, S. 2010. “Carbon stock in Kolli forests, Eastern Ghats (India) with emphasis on aboveground biomass, litter, woody debris and soils” iForests, vol. 41, pp. 61-65.
- Mudappa, D., & Raman, T.R.S. 2010, "Rainforest Restoration: A Guide to Principles and Practice", Nature Conservation Foundation, Mysore.
- Nagendra, H. 2009, “Drivers of regrowth in South Asia's human-impacted forests” Current Science, vol. 97, no. 11, pp. 1586 – 1592.
- Nijnik M, & Halder P. 2013. “Afforestation and reforestation projects in South and South-East Asia under the Clean Development Mechanism: Trends and development opportunities” Land Use Policy vol. 31, pp.504– 515.
- Pal R.C., & Sharma A. 2001. “Afforestation for reclaiming degraded village common land: a case study” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 21, pp. 35–42
- Pershal, L., Agrawal, A., Chhatre, A. 2011, "Social and Ecological Synergy: Local Rulemaking, Forest Livelihoods, and Biodiversity Conservation", Science, vol. 331, no. 6024, pp. 1606-1608.
Arun Agrawal1, and
- Raman, T.R.S., Mudappa, D. & Kapoor, V. 2009, "Restoring rainforest fragments: Survival of mixed-native species seedlings under contrasting site conditions in the Western Ghats, India", Restoration Ecology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 137-147.
- Ravindranath, N., Chaturvedi, Rajiv, K., Murthy, I. 2008, "Forest conservation, afforestation and reforestation in India: Implications for forest carbon stocks", Current Science, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 216-222.
- Ravindranath, N.H., Chaturvedi, R.J., & Murthy, I.K. 2008. “Forest conservation, afforestation, and reforestation in India: Implications for forest carbon stocks” Current Science, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 216-222.
- Sagar R. & Singh J.S. 2006. “Tree density, basal area and species diversity in a disturbed dry tropical forest of northern India: Implications for conservation” Environmental Conservation, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 256–262.
- Shijo, J., Sudhakar, C. Reddy, A.P.T., Srivastava S.K. Srivastava V.K. 2010. “Spatial interpolation of carbon stock: a case study from the Western Ghats biodiversity hotspot, India” International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 481-486.
- Singh, A.N. & Singh, J.S. 2006, "Experiments on Ecological Restoration of Coal Mine Spoil using Native Trees in a Dry Tropical Environment, India: A Synthesis ," New Forests, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 25-39.
- Southworth, J., Nagendra, H., Cassidy, L. 2012 "Forest transition pathways in Asia – studies from Nepal, India, Thailand, and Cambodia", Journal of Land Use Science, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 51-65.
- Swamy S.L., Puri S., & Singh A.K. 2003. “Growth, biomass, carbon storage and nutrient distribution in Gmelina arborea Roxb. stands on red lateritic soils in central India” Bioresource Technology, vol. 90, pp. 109–126.
- Tripathi, K.P., Singh, B. 2005, "The role of revegetation for rehabilitation of sodic soils in semiarid subtropical forest, India", Restoration Ecology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 29-30.
- Vishwanatham, M. K., Samra, J. S., & Sharma, A. R. (1999). Biomass production of trees and grasses in a silvopasture system on marginal lands of Doon Valley of north-west India. 1. Performance of tree species.Agroforestry Systems, 46(2), 181-196.
- Wani, A.A., Joshi, P.K., Singh, O., & Pandey, R. 2012. “Carbon Sequestration Potential of Indian Forestry Land Use Systems - A Review” Nature and Science, vol, 10, no. 12, pp. 78-85.
- Prakash Industries, Ltd.: Chattisgrah, India
- Ashoka Trust, The Rufford Foundation: the Western Ghats, India
- CReNIEO, GNF: Lake Pulicat, India
- Carbon Neutral, CAAC: Tamil Nadu, India
- Cooperative Afforestation in Sirsa, Haryana
- Himachal Pradesh Reforestation Project
- Indian Statistical Institute, University of Melbourne, Critical Ecosystems of Partnership Fund: Southern Western Ghats, India
- Lafarge, India Government: Chhattisgarh, India
- MHWDP, Forest Department, Government of Himachal Pradesh, local Gram Panchayats (GPs) and the World Bank: Bilaspur, India
- Nature Conservation Foundation, GEF: Southern Western Ghats, India
- Prakash Industries Limited: Chhattisgarh, India
- Pulicat Lake Mangrove Restoration
- Sadhana Forest (India)
- Sawed Trust, WeForest: Sirumalai Hills, India
- TIST Reforestation in India
- The Rufford Foundation: Eastern Ghats, India
- The Rufford Foundation: South Andaman Island, India
ELTI is a joint initiative of: