- Agpaoa, A., Endangan, D., Festin, S., Gumayagay, J., Hoenninger, Th., Seeber, G., Unkel, K., & Weidelt, H.J. 1976, "Manual of reforestation and erosion control for the Philippines", German Agency for Technical Cooperation, Eschborn, p. 569
- Ahern, G. P. Special report of Captain George P. Ahern, Ninth U.S. Infantry, in charge of Forestry Bureau, Philippine Islands, covering the period from April, 1900, to July 30, 1901. Division of U.S. Insular Affairs, War Department. Government Printing Office, Washington, 1901.
- Appanah, S. & Turnbull, J.M. (eds.) 1998, "A Review of Dipterocarps: Taxonomy, Ecology and Silviculture," Center for International Forestry Research. Bogor, Indonesia, p220.
- Baguinon, N.T. 1990. “Direct seeding of forest trees in grassland communities of Carranglan, Luzon Island” in Research on multipurpose tree species in Asia : proceedings of an international workshop held November 19-23, 1990, Taylor, D.A. and MacDicken, K.G. (eds). Winrock International Institute for Agricultural Development, Bangkok, pp.139-147.
- Banaticla R, Sales RF and Lasco RD. 2005. Biomass equations for tropical tree plantation species using secondary data from the Philippines. In: Harrison S, Herbohn J, Suh J, Mangaoang E and Vanclay J,eds. ACIAR Smallholder Forestry Project ASEM 200/008 redevelopment of a timber industry following extensive land clearing: Proceedings from the end-of project workshop, Ormoc City, Philippines 19-21 August 2004. . Ormoc City, Philippines. ACIAR.
- Brown, W. H. and D. M. Matthews (1914). Philippine Dipterocarp Forests. Reprinted from the Philippine Journal of Science. Manila, Philippine Islands.
- Castillo, E.T., Siapno, F.E. & Abrigo, R.O. 1999, Case investigation on the participation of women in reforestation in the Philippines: Case Study 2, ERDB, Quezon City.
- Catacutan, D.C., & Tejada, E. 2006, "Institutional issues and political challenges in scaling up agroforestry: The case of Landcare in the Philippines", World Agroforestry Center - ICRAF, Lantapan, Bukidnon, Philippines.
- Dacanay, P. 1929, Reforestation in the Philippines, Proceedings from the Fourth Pacific Science Congress, Java.
- Dessie, A, Bredemeier, M. 2013. The Effect of Deforestation on Water Quality: A Case Study in Cienda Micro Watershed, Leyte, Philippines. Resources and Environment, vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 1-9.
- Dierick, D. & Hölscher, D. 2009, "Species-specific tree water use characteristics in reforestation stands in the Philippines", Agricultural & Forest Meteorology, vol. 149, no. 8, pp. 1317-1326.
- Dugan, P. 2000. “Assisted natural regeneration: Methods, results and issues relevant
to sustained participation by communities” in Forest Restoration for Wildlife Conservation: Proceedings of a Workshop with the International Tropical Timber Organization and the Forest Restoration Research Unit, Chiang Mai University, Thailand, eds. Elliott, S., Kerby, J., Blakesley, D., Hardwick, K., Woods, K. and V. Anusarnsunthorn, pp. 195-199.
- Enters, T, Durst, P. (2004). What does it take? The role of incentives in forest plantation development in Asia and the Pacific. RAP Publication 2004/27, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Bangkok.
- Enters, T. & Durst, P. 2004, "What does it take? The role of incentives in forest plantation development in Asia and the Pacific", RAP Publication 2004/27, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Bangkok.
- Espaldon, V.O. & Smit, B. 1997, "Community reforestation in the Philippines: an evaluation of community contracts", Knowledge and policy, vol. 10, no. 1-2, pp. 34-42.
- Friday, Kathleen S., M. Elmo Drilling, and Dennis Garrity. 1999. Imperata grassland rehabilitation using Agroforestry and Assisted Natural Regeneration. International Centre for Research in Agroforestry, Southeast Asian Regional Research Programme, Bogor, Indonesia.
- Garcia, M.B. 2002, "Growing agroforestry trees: Farmers’ experiences with individual and group nurseries in Claveria, Philippines", World Agroforestry Center - ICRAF, Claveria, Philippines.
- Goeltenboth, F. & Hutter, C.-P. 2004, "New options for land rehabilitation and landscape ecology in Southeast Asia by "rainforestation farming", Journal for Nature Conservation, vol. 12, pp. 181-189.
- Gonzales, R.S., Ingle, N.R., Lagunzad, D.A. & Nakashizuka, T. 2009, "Seed Dispersal by Birds and Bats in Lowland Philippine Forest Successional Area", Biotropica, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 452-458.
- Hensleigh, T.E. & Holaway, B.K. (eds) 1988, Agroforestry species for the Philippines, US Peace Corps, Washington, DC.
- Huong N., Lamb, D. Herbohn, J, and J. Firn. 2014. "Designing mixed tree plantations for the tropics: Balancing ecological attributes of species with landholder preferences in the Philippines", PLOS One, 9(4):1-11.
- Jordan, C.F. 1992. “Taungya in the Philippines” in Taungya: Forest plantations with agriculture in Southeast Asia, Jordan, C.F, Gajaseni, J. and Watanabe, H. (eds). Sustainable Rural Development Series No. 1, CAB International, Wallingford, UK, pp.112-120.
- Juan M. Pulhin, Unna Chokkalingam, Rose Jane J. Peras, Romeo T. Acosta,
Antonio P. Carandang, Mayumi Q. Natividad, Rodel D. Lasco and Ramon A. Razal. 2006. "Historical overview" in One Century of Forest Rehabilitation in the Philippines. Approaches, Outcomes, and Lessons, Chokkalingam, U., A. P. Carandang, J. M. Pulhin, R. D. Lasco, R. J. J. Peras, and T. Toma, eds. Bogor, Indonesia: Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), pp. 6-41.
- Lamb, D. 2011, Regreening the Bare Hills. Tropical forest restoration in the Asia-Pacific Region. Series: World Forests, Vol. 8, Springer.
- Langenberger, G. (2006) "Habitat distribution of dipterocarp species in the Leyte Cordillera: an indicator for species-site suitability in local reforestation programs", Annals of Forest Science 63: 149-156.
- Lasco, R.D. & Pulhin, J.M. 2006, "Environmental Impacts of Community-Based Forest Management in the Philippines", International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 46-56.
- Lasco, R.D. 2008, "The Reforestation Value Chain for the Philippines" in Smallholder Tree Growing for Rural Development and Environmental Services: Lessons from Asia, eds. D.J. Snelder & R.D. Lasco eds, Springer, Advances in Agroforestry, vol. 5. New York, pp. 193-206.
- Le, H.D., et al., 2014. "What drives the success of reforestation projects in tropical developing countries? The case of the Philippines." Global Environ. Change. 24:334-348.
- Nguyen, H., Herbohn, J., Firn, J., Lamb, D., 2012. "Biodiversity–productivity relationships in small-scale mixed-species plantations using native species in Leyte province, Philippines." Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 274, pp. 81-90.
- Nijnik M, & Halder P. 2013. “Afforestation and reforestation projects in South and South-East Asia under the Clean Development Mechanism: Trends and development opportunities” Land Use Policy vol. 31, pp.504– 515.
- Niskanen, A. & Saastamoinen, O. 1996, "Tree plantations in the Philippines and Thailand: Economic, Social, and Environmental Evaluation", World Institute for Development Economics Research - Research For Action 30.
- Pasicolan, P.N. 1993, "Between Cash and Usufruct Rights: In Search of an Appropriate Policy Instrument for Sustained Local People's Participation", Conference Presentation, Common Property in Ecosystems Under Stress, the Fourth Annual Conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property, Manila, Philippines, June 16-19, 1993.
- Pasicolan, P.N., Udo de Haes, H.A. & Sajise, P.E. 1997, "Farm forestry: an alternative to government-driven reforestation in the Philippines", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 99, no. 1-2, pp. 261-274.
- Pasicolan, Paulo N. and Macandog, Damasa M, 2007. "Gmelina boom, farmers’ doom: Tree growers’ risks, coping strategies and options". In: Steve Harrison, Annerine Bosch and John Herbohn, Improving the Triple Bottom Line Returns from Small-scale Forestry: Proceedings from an International Conference. Improving the Triple Bottom Line Returns from Small-scale Forestry, Ormoc, the Philippines, pp. 313-319. 18 - 21 June 2007.
- Phat, N., Knorr, W., Kim, S. 2004 "Appropriate measures for conservation of terrestrial carbon stocks—Analysis of trends of forest management in Southeast Asia", Forest Ecology and Management, Vol. 191, Iss. 1–3, pp. 283-299.
- Philippines. Bureau of Forestry. Annual report of the director of forestry of the Philippine Islands for the period … 1905-1913.
- Philippines. Bureau of Forestry. Annual report of the director of forestry of the Philippine Islands for the period … 1914-1919
- Primavera, J. H., M. dela Cruz, C. Montilijao, H. Consunji, M. dela Paz, R. N. Rollon, K. Maranan, M. S. Samson, and A. Blanco. 2016. Preliminary assessment of post-Haiyan mangrove damage and short-term recovery in Eastern Samar, central Philippines. Marine Pollution Bulletin vol 109, p.p. 744-750.
- Regielene S. Gonzales, Nina R. Ingle, Daniel A. Lagunzad and Tohru Nakashizuka. (2009). “Seed Dispersal by Birds and Bats in Lowland Philippine Forest Successional Area”. Biotropica, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 452-458
- Sabogal, Ceasar et al. (2013). "Multiple-use forest management in the humid tropics: Opportunities and challenges for sustainable forest management." Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Forestry Paper 173. Rome, Italy.
- Sales-Come, R. & Hölscher, D. 2010, "Variability and grouping of leaf traits in multi-species reforestation (Leyte, Philippines)", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 260, pp. 846-855.
- Santos Martín F, Bertomeu M, van Noordwijk M, Navarro R (2012) Understanding forest transition in the Philippines: main farm-level factors influencing smallholder’s capacity and intention to plant native timber trees. Small-Scale For 11:47–60
- The Philippines Recommends for Reforestation. Technical Bulletin Series No. 49. 1982. Los Baños, Laguna, Philippine Council for Agriculture and Resources Research.
- The forest manual containing Forest Act (No. 1148), extracts from other laws of Philippine Commission relating to the Forest Service, and the forest regulations prepared in accordance with provisions of the Forest Act. 1904, Department of the Interior, Bureau of Forestry, Bureau of Public Printing, Manila.
- Walters, B.B. 1997, "Human ecological questions for tropical restoration: Experiences from planting native upland trees and mangroves in the Philippines.", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 99, no. 1-2, pp. 275-290.
- Walters, B.B. 2000, "Local mangrove planting in the Philippines: Are fisherfolk and fishpond owners effective restorationists?", Restoration Ecology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 237-246.
- Walton, M., Samonte-Tan, G., Primavera, J., Edwards-Jones, G., Le Vay, L. 2006, "Are mangroves worth replanting? The direct economic benefits of a community-based reforestation project", Environmental Conservation, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 335-343.
- West, A. P., and W. H. Brown. Philippine Resins, Gums, Seed Oils, and Essential Oils. Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Bureau of Forestry. Bulletin No. 20. Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1920.
- World Agroforestry Center. Vulnerability and Impacts of Climate Change on the Forestry Sector. Laguna, Philippines.
- Forest Carbon Project in the Quirino Provience, Philippines
- A preliminary working plan for the public forest tract of the Mindoro Lumber and Logging Company, Bongabon, Mindoro, Philippine Islands
- SEARCA, CCC, ERGONS, Participating local government units (LGU) of Antipolo City, Riza, San Mateo, Rodriguez, and Baras: Upper Marikina River Basin, Philippines
- TREES Philippines: Zambales Agroforestry Project
ELTI is a joint initiative of: