Puerto Rico - United States Resources
- Aide, T.M., Zimmerman, J.K., Pascarella, J.B., Rivera, L., & Marcano-Vega, H. 2000, "Forest Regeneration in a Chronosequence of Tropical Abandoned Pastures: Implications for Restoration Ecology", Restoration Ecology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 328-338.
- Brown, S., & Lugo, A. E. 1990. Effects of forest clearing and succession on the carbon and nitrogen content of soils in Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. Plant and Soil, vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 53-64.
- Franceschini Lajara, F., 2008, "Evaluación comparativa de dos mitigaciones realizadas en la ciénaga Las Cucharillas, Puerto Rico", Escuela de Asuntos Ambientales, Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan, Puerto Rico, pp.
- Guariguata, M. R., & Ostertag, R. (2001) "Neotropical secondary forest succession: Changes in structural and functional characteristics," Forest Ecology and Management, 148(1-3), 185–206.
- Lugo, A.E. 1997, "The apparent paradox of reestablishing species richness on degraded lands with tree monocultures", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 99, no. 1-2, pp. 9-19.
- Marin-Spiotta, E., Silver, W., Swanston, C., & Ostertag, R. 2009 "Soil organic matter dynamics during 80 years of reforestation of tropical pastures", Global Change Biology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1584-1597
- Matthew J. Kelty, 2006, The role of species mixtures in plantation forestry, USA, Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 233, pp. 195–204
- Parrotta, J.A. 1995, "Influence of overstory composition on understory colonization by native species in plantations on a degraded tropical site", Journal of Vegetation Science, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 627-636.
- Ruiz-Jaen, Maria C. and T. Mitchell Aide. 2005, "Vegetation structure, species diversity, and ecosystem processes as measures of restoration success," Forest Ecology and Management vol. 218 pp. 159-173.
- Santiago-García, R.J., Molina Colón, S., Sollins, P. & Van Bloem, S.J. 2008, "The Role of Nurse Trees in Mitigating Fire Effects on Tropical Dry Forest Restoration: A Case Study", Ambio, vol. 37, no. 7-8, pp. 604-608.
- Shiels, A. B., & Walker, L. R. (2003). Bird Perches Increase Forest Seeds on Puerto Rican Landslides. Restoration Ecology, 11(4), 457-465
- Silver, W.L., Kueppers, L.M., Lugo, A.E., Ostertag, R. & Matzek, V. 2004, “Carbon Sequestration and
Plant Community Dynamics Following Reforestation of Tropical Pasture ", Ecological Applications,
vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1115-1127.
- Warren, M. W. & Zou, X. 2002. "Soil macrofauna and litter nutrients in three tropical tree plantations on a disturbed site in Puerto Rico", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 170, No. 1–3, pp. 161–171.
ELTI is a joint initiative of: