Sri Lanka Resources
Amarasinghe, M.D. & Balasubramaniam S. 1992. “Structural properties of two types of mangrove stands on the northwestern coast of Sri Lanka” Hydrobiologia, vol. 241, pp. 11-21.
- Adjers, G., Hadengganan, S., Kuusipalo, J., Nuryanto, K., & Vesa, L. 1995, "Enrichment planting of dipterocarps in logged-over secondary forests: effect of width, direction and maintenance method of planting line on selected Shorea species", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 73, no. 1-3, pp. 259-270.
- Alongi, D.M. 2008. “Mangrove forests: Resilience, protection from tsunamis, and responses to global climate change” Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, vol. 76, pp. 1-13.
- Amarasinghe, M.D. & Balasubramaniam S. 1992. “Net primary productivity of two mangrove forest stands on the northwestern coast of Sri Lanka” Hydrobiologia, vol. 241, pp. 31-41.
- Appanah, S. & Turnbull, J.M. (eds.) 1998, "A Review of Dipterocarps: Taxonomy, Ecology and Silviculture," Center for International Forestry Research. Bogor, Indonesia, p220.
- Ashton, M.S., Goodale, U.M, Bawa, K.S., Ashton, P.S. & Neidel, J.D. 2014, "Restoring working forests in human dominated landscapes of tropical South Asia: An introduction", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 329, pp. 335-339.
- Ashton, M.S., Gunatilleke, C.V.S., Singhakumara, B.M.P. & Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N. 2001, "Restoration pathways for rain forest in southwest Sri Lanka: A review of concepts and models", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 154, no. 3, pp. 409-430.
- Ashton, P.M.S., Gamage, S., Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N., and Gunatilleke, C.V.S. 1997, “Restoration of a Sri-Lankan rainforest: Using Caribbean Pine Pinus caribaea as a nurse for establishing late-successional tree species”, Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 915-925.
- Ashton, P.M.S., Samarasinghe, S.J., Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N., Gunatilleke, C.V.S. 1997, "Role of Legumes in Release of Successionally Arrested Grasslands in
the Central Hills of Sri Lanka", Restoration Ecology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 36-43.
- Cohen, A.L., Singhakumara, B.M.P., & Ashton, P.M.S 1995, "Releasing Rain Forest Succession: A Case Study in the Dicranopteris linearis Fernlands of Sri Lanka", Restoration Ecology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 261-270.
- Dahdouh-Guebas, F., Koedam, N., Satyanarayana, B. & Cannicci S. 2011. “Human hydrographical changes interact with propagule predation behaviour in Sri Lankan mangrove forests” Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, vol. 399, pp. 188–200.
- Ediriweera, S., Singhakumara, M.P., Ashton, M.S. 2008. “Variation in canopy structure, light and soil nutrition across elevation of a Sri Lankan tropical rain forest” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 256, pp. 1339–1349.
- Goodale U. M., Berlyn G. P., Gregoire T. G., Tennakoon. K. U., and M. S. Ashton. 2014. Differences in seedling survival and growth among tropical rain forest pioneers in relation to canopy openness and herbivory. Biotropica. 46:183–193.
- Goodale U.M., Ashton M.S., Berlyn G.P., Gregoire T.G, Singhakumara B.M.P., & Tennakoon K.U. 2012. “Disturbance and tropical pioneer species: Patterns of association across life history stages” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 277, pp. 54–66.
- Goodale, U.M. 2009, "The ecophysiology of pioneer tree species in relation to their disturbance ecology in a wet lowland rainforest, Sri Lanka", Doctoral Dissertation, Yale University School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
- Goodale, U.M., Berlyn, G.P., Gregoire, T.G & Ashton, M.S. 2009, "Ecological Significance of Crown Functional Traits Across Size Classes and Disturbance Environments in Eight Pioneer Species in a Sri Lankan Rain Forest", Journal of Sustainable Forestry
- Gunaratne, A.M.T.A., Gunatilleke, C.V.S., Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N, Madawala, H.M.S.P, and Burslem, D.F.R.P. 2014. "Overcoming ecological barriers to tropical lower montane forest succession on anthropogenic grasslands: Synthesis and future prospects." Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 329, pp. 340-350.
- Gunaratne, A.M.T.A., Gunatilleke, C.V.S., Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N., Madawala Weerasinghe, H.M.S.P. & Burslem, D.F.R.P. 2011, "Release from root competition promotes tree seedling survival and growth following transplantation into human-induced grasslands in Sri Lanka", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 262, no. 2, pp. 229-236.
- Jayatissa, L.P., Dahdouh-Guebas, F. & Koedam, N. 2002. “A review of the ﬂoral composition and distribution of mangroves in Sri Lanka” Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 138, pp. 29–43.
- Mapa, R. B. 1995. "Effect of reforestation using Tectona grandis on infiltration and soil water retention", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 119-125.
- Shibayama, T., Ashton, M.S., Singhakumara, B., Griscom, H.P., Ediriweera, S. & Griscom, B.W. 2006, "Effects of fire on the recruitment of rain forest vegetation beneath Pinus caribaea plantations, Sri Lanka", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 226, no. 1-3, pp. 357-363.
- Tennakoon, M.M.D., Gunatilleke, I.A.U.N., Hafeel, K.M., Seneviratne, G., Gunatilleke, C.V.S., & Ashton, P.M.S. 2005. “Ectomycorrhizal colonization and seedling growth of Shorea (Dipterocarpaceae) species in simulated shade environments of a Sri Lankan rain forest” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 208, pp. 399–405.
- Forests for People, British High Commission, Colombo: Tanamalwila, Sri Lanka
- Futouris,TUI AG: Bentara, Sri Lanka
- Mangrove Reforestation at Six Lakes
- Mangrove Swamp Reforestation at Madampe Lake Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rainforest Rescue International, Plan Vivo: Galle, Sri Lanka
- Sam and Karina: Sinharaja Rainforest Reserve, Sri Lanka
- Standard Chartered Bank, PATT, OARM: Sinharaja Rainforest Reserve, Sri Lanka
- the Open University of Sri Lanka, University of Colombo, and Land Owners Restore Rainforests in Sri Lanka, the Zoological Society of London, BBC Wildlife FundGlobal Nature Fund: Nuwra Eliya, Cambodia
ELTI is a joint initiative of: