Deficiência de macronutrientes em mudas de Sangra d’Agua (Croton urucurana, Baill.)
Available at NO COST
Recursos em Português - Portuguese
Sorreano, M.C.M., Malavolta, E., da Silva, D.H., Cabral, C.P., and Rodrigues, R.R.R. 2011, “Deficiência de macronutrientes em mudas de Sangra d’Agua (Croton urucurana, Baill.)”, Cerne, Lavras, vol. 17, no. 3, pp.347-452.
Centro de Energia Nuclear na Agricultura – Universidade de São Paulo/USP
Escola Superior de Cultura Luiz de Queiroz/ESALQ – Universidade de São Paulo/USP
Available at no cost
This article is in Portuguese.
This study describes the effect of nitrogen (N), phosphorous (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg) and sulfur (S) deficiencies in seedlings of Croton urucurana, a pioneer species that tolerates flooding and is important for reforestation in semi-deciduous forests of Brazil.
Studies of macronutrient deficiencies are important because Brazilian soils are more likely to be deficient in macronutrients than micronutrients.
Omission of nutrients resulted in morphological alterations, with omission of N, Ca, and Mg affecting height, diameter, number of leaves, and number of branches.
The authors reported visual symptoms of nutrient deficiency earlier in plants with N, K, Ca, and Mg omissions, followed by those subjected to P and S omissions. Visual symptoms included yellowing of leaves, reduced branching, and early senescence of leaves.
Omission of nutrients did not affect dry matter yield.
In sum, N, Ca, and Mg omission affected the development of the species most negatively.
Related Publications and Projects
- Aronson, J., Brancalion, P.H.S., Durigan, G., Rodrigues, R.R., Engel, V.L., Tabarelli, M., Torezan, J.M.D., Gandolfi, S., de Melo, A.C.G., Kageyama, P.Y., Marques, M.C.M., Nave, A.G., Martins, S.V., Gandara, F.B., Reis, A., Barbosa, L.M., Scarano, F.R. 2011, "What role should government regulation play in ecological restoration? Ongoing debate in São Paulo State, Brazil", Restoration Ecology, Article in press.
- Brancalion, P.H.S., Novembre, A.D.L.C. and Rodrigues, R.R. 2011, "Seed development, yield and quality of two palm species growing
in different tropical forest types in SE Brazil: implications for
ecological restoration", Seed Science & Technology, vol.39, pp.412-424.
- Brancalion, P.H.S., Novembre, A.D.L.C., & Rodrigues, R.R. 2010, "Temperatura ótima de germinação de sementes de espécies arbóreas brasileiras", Revista Brasileira de Sementes, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 15-21
- Calmon, M., Brancalion, P.H.S., Paese, A., Aronson, J., Castro, P., Silva, S.C., Rodrigues, R.R. 2011, “Emerging threats and opportunities for large-scale ecological restoration in the Atlantic Forest of Brazil”, Restoration Ecology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 154-158.
- De Alvarenga, A.A., de Castro, E.M., de Castro Lima Junior, E., and Magalhães, M.M. 2003, “Effects of different light levels on the initial growth and photosynthesis of Croton urucurana Baill. in southeastern Brazil”, Revista Árvore. vol. 27, no. 1, pp.53-57.
- Pacto pela Restauração da Mata Atlântica (Atlantic Forest Restoration Pact)
- Rodrigues, R.R., Gandolfi, S., Nave, A.G., Aronson, J., Barreto, T.E., Vidal, C.Y. & Brancalion, P.H.S. 2011, "Large-scale ecological restoration of high-diversity tropical forests in SE Brazil", Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 261, no. 10, pp. 1605-1613.
- Rodrigues, R.R., Lima, R.A.F., Gandolfi, S. & Nave, A.G. 2009, "On the restoration of high diversity forests: 30 years of experience in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest", Biological Conservation, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 1242-1251.
This database is a work in progress, and we need your input to keep it up to date. Feel free to contact ELTI at firstname.lastname@example.org
to provide information on your own work as well as other projects and literature currently missing from the database.
ELTI is a joint initiative of: